New moons are a time to create, reset, regenerate. The sky is dark on a new moon, resembling a blank canvas and a time of potential. During a new moon ceremony, you’ll want to spend time pondering and refining the intentions you want to manifest in the new lunar cycle.
- This event has passed.
Sudbury Goddess Moon Circle by the Fire Outdoors
September 20 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
One event on October 20, 2021 at 7:00 pm
One event on November 4, 2021 at 7:00 pm
Gathering in a moon circle is a fun way to connect with like-minded feminine goddesses and conduct rituals tailored to the phase of the moon.
Join in a fun evening of harnessing the potent energy of the moon. There may also be some fun guest appearances to spice up the night!
Currently, we have 3 dates on the calendar:
Monday, September 20th at 7 pm – FULL MOON – a time to manifest
Wednesday, October 20th at 7 pm – FULL MOON – a time to manifest
Thursday, November 4th at 7 pm – NEW MOON – a time to set intentions
New moon: set intentions
Full moon: manifest
If a new moon is a time for setting goals, then the full moon is a time to manifest. Those goals are ripening.
With moonlight illuminating everything, full moons are also a great time to assess your agendas and goals. Keep in mind, though, that full moons are ultimately about letting the lunacy take over. Full moons are about celebration and treating yourself. This also includes releasing that which no longer serves you to lead to greater self-fulfillment and joy.
- We will set intentions, clear energy, gain clarity, and connect through communal energy.
- CBD Tea and healthy sweet treats will be served.
What materials do you need for the moon circle?
While the “essentials” really are just a pen and a notebook, these things can add to the experience:
- You will receive wish paper at the event
- A journal and pen
- Candles (preferably unscented)
- Crystals (there will also be crystals for sale)
- Dress warmly since we will be outdoors – Blue, black, silver, or white clothing.
- Bring along a chair, yoga mat, or blanket to sit on, since provided seating is limited.
- Offerings for the altar – see the guide below.
- Bring an open heart and mind. This is key.
Elements of the Moon Circle
Based on your intention, you and anyone else attending the circle will bring at least one material item to add to the altar. It’s common to charge jewelry and crystals (especially on new and full moons), but bring anything you’d like to imbue with positive energy.
You will be invited to come up and place your object/s on the altar, one at a time, without speaking.
Positioning of these objects matters:
- North is Earth. Bring stone, bone, crystals, dried herbs, anything earthly in nature.
- South is Fire. Bring matches, candles, anything orange, yellow, or red, or anything that evokes your passion, piques your curiosity, or otherwise causes a spark.
- East is Wind or Air. Bring feathers, essential oils, blades, glass, pens, or anything that symbolizes a new beginning.
- West is Water. Bring anything that reminds you of your grandmother, anything oceanic, or any containers like chalices.
2. Intention Setting
Bring a journal —one that you’re not afraid to write in. You’ll be asked to reflect, envision, and express during the ceremony and writing on the “notes” app in your phone just takes out the zen.
We will chant mantras for 5 minutes which will ground us in the present moment and help bring us closer together as a community.
4. Guided Meditation
Carla Chalah, a certified clinical hypnotherapist will offer a guided meditation and visualization that will direct your subconscious to be more receptive and open. Attendees will be invited to share revelations, unexpected visions, or finally will process something that’s been stuck. We will support one another through this step.
5. Candle Ceremony
Each attendee will light a candle for someone or something from the main flame. (Candles are preferably unscented—otherwise, there are too many competing scents!) Participants can bring their freshly charged candles home and use them to keep the lunar vibes going.
6. Release and Manifest
Each participant will be handed two pieces of wish paper. The first piece of paper will be used to write something you’re releasing. The second piece of paper will be something you’re manifesting.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS EVENT IS LIMITED TO 20 SPOTS, SO BOOK EARLY TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT.